Phew, what a day!
Hannah decided that she would not only not eat, but also not nap! I usually can brag about her sleeping habits (12+ hours a night, 3 and a half hour nap in the afternoon), but today--nothing! Hopefully she will sleep good tonight!
Well, as for her goals for the day, she did great on her formula. We tried the chocolate and orange flavors and they did not go over very well, but she suddenly realized how yummy the unflavored is! haha! I gave her a bottle of chocolate flavored formula when she got up and she took one sip and wouldn't go near it again, so I put it in a cup. Still nothing! So I tried a different cup. She still hated it! So I tried the orange, and again she wouldn't go near it. So I made her a bottle of unflavored and she sucked it right down... quicker than she has in a long time. Usually when we make formula we make it at night and we add all the 80g of Periflex Junior and the water and mix it all up in one big water bottle. Today, though, I made individual bottles of 40g and 7 ounces of water each, and she did much better! Maybe it tastes fresher, I'm not sure, but whatever works (for now) I will continue with!
She is behind about 76mg of phe for the day. :( Breakfast went great (although it took her about 2 hours and she had to finish it at the park!), lunch was Ok (she ate enough phe, but refused veggies for some reason!), and dinner she would only eat watermelon and a little yogurt. I know she eats what her body tells her to eat, which is good, but that's also what makes it so difficult. I want her to always listen to herself and only eat when she is hungry (like her Daddy) and not eat whenever (like her mom!), but I cringe when I see that her phe is so far behind. I just can't wait until she is able to understand all this stuff so she can eat what she wants, but will eat the right stuff to add up to her goal!
Today I had to call and order her formula (we do this every month). Emory's Human Genetics Department has a store (which I talked about in the first post) and they also have a formula "hotline." It makes it so easy to order formula--all I have to do is call and leave a message with Hannah's information and what formula we need/flavors we want. Then after about a week and a half, they mail us the formula! It's really a great thing that they do since Emory is about a 30-45 minute drive from here. I was waiting to order the formula until after we got the flavored formula samples to see if I should order formula with flavors or unflavored. Well, I got my answer! I ordered unflavored. We have plenty of flavored formula and I will keep trying her on it over this month and next month maybe I will order the flavored kind.
Well, that's about it for tonight. Tomorrow we have to take her blood sample, so I will update again tomorrow. Also, we are watching Hannah's cousin Molly tomorrow, so Hannah should have a fun day!! Can't wait!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Molly is very excited about tomorrow! We've been talking about going to see Hanny tomorrow all day today.
ReplyDelete:) yay! we can't wait!
ReplyDeletei think it's hilarious how hannah doesn't like the flavored formula:/ maybe some day! and these posts are amazing sarah!
ReplyDelete